These must be the nicest yoga wedges on Earth, as well as the nicest to the Earth!
They are designed by a yoga teacher to be easy to move around during a practice, wide and long enough for stability, comfortable for weight bearing, and versatile. Cork is a naturally non-slip material, and pleasing to the touch.
Wedges are useful yoga props, either to make poses easier or harder, for instance:
- Helping those with wrist pain to access wrist-extension poses such as downward dog, plank, and hand balances.
- Placed under the heels during standing forward bend to make the stretch on the back of the legs less intense
- Placed under the heels to make squats easier
- Placed under the heels during downward dog to provide stability without rounding the lower back
- Placed under the soles of the feet during standing forward bend to intensify the stretch in the back of the legs
- Placed under the knees to assist those with sore knees onto all fours
Dimensions: 16 cm long, 12 cm wide, 4 cm high (at back). They have a bevelled back edge for smoothness.
Being totally natural, 100% cork, the finish of the wedges varies quite a lot. On average they are 120 g each in weight, but the density of cork also varies a lot.
Regenerative forestry project: Like all our cork products, these wedges come from a project to restore Portuguese cork forests and create artisan jobs in the countryside.
N.B. These wedges are sold in pairs (not reflected in the images)
(If working with injuries, consider consulting a well qualified teacher on the therapeutic use of yoga props)